Sports Science Internship Opening
Woking Football Club is welcoming applications from students who are seeking a season-long internship in a professional Sport Science department.
The position will involve day to day observation and assistance with the First-Team Strength and Conditioning/Sports Science Coach for the upcoming 2022/23 Season.
The role will include exposure to pitch and gym based support which consists of working directly with professional football players.
● This includes being part of a multidisciplinary team of accredited sport science/strength and conditioning coaches and physiotherapists
● You will develop your understanding of periodisation and its application to pitch and gym based training load
● This includes the use of GPS data collection, monitoring, and reporting
● You will have access to strength diagnostic and physical profiling technology
● This includes assisting with the design and delivery of strength and conditioning programmes
● The position will include organising and maintaining strength and conditioning equipment and facilities
● Finally, you will help and assist with training and match day support
This position is suitable a for a student who is currently enrolled on a part-time undergraduate or postgraduate programme and must be undertaking a degree in the relevant subject. You will also need to be passionate about football and driven to develop a career in professional sport.
Please send your CV and cover letter to James Clark, First-Team Strength & Conditioning Coach, firstname.lastname@example.org.
The closing date for this post is June 17th 2022.