6:41pm, Sun 13th Dec 2020
As of today we are just Â£80 short of our initial Â£1500 target for the Pulling Together Christmas Appeal and despite â€˜lockdownâ€™ we will be doing more this year than ever before. In addition the â€˜Dog and Pheasantâ€™ at Brook will once again be giving the proceeds from their Christmas quiz to the cause (thanks Dave Hall).
Thank you for your generosity and any surplus over the target will be very well used â€“ we will just give and do more!
Already we have packed many of the Lighthouse
care packages for their client families and thanks to the players and Boz Ahmic dozens of trees have gone to help Christmas be a bit more special for families struggling at this time of year. In addition we will be:
- Working with Foodwise and delivering Christmas meals to families through the players on Monday 21st
- Packing and delivering hampers to families and fans who have been referred to us
- Buying loads of seasonal extras for Woking Foodbank as they do such a great work
- Every child should feel valued and special on Christmas Day so we will buy some toys for children in families referred to us
- Delivering Kindle Fires and extra toys that have been requested by the childrenâ€™s wards at St Peterâ€™s Hospital
The draw for the framed and signed first team shirt will be made by a player on Monday 21st December â€“ every Â£10 donated earns one entry.
Also well done to Ben Gerring on mobilizing so many National League clubs to help address food poverty in their community â€“ see you soon Ben.
All the details for giving and referring people are here
â€“ the closing date will be Friday 18th December.